Memorial Day signifies the beginning of summer. Everyone is ready to get back to the beaches and have cookouts. According to AAA, 88% of people are planning on driving to the fun on Memorial Day Weekend. If you are one of the many who are driving this week, make sure your car is ready for the trip.
– Check your Auto Policy. Is it active? Have you paid the premium? Do you have sufficient limits of liability? We recommend a minimum of $100K/$300K for line items #3, #5 and #12 on the policy.
– Have a tune up done on the car at least a week prior to departure. A tune up should find any issues with the car and make sure all fluids are sufficient.
– Check the tires. Use a pressure gauge to check the pressure. The recommended tire pressure is different for each car so check on the front door panel when you open the door or the owner’s manual.
– Know the cell phone laws in each state you will be driving through. Some states require hands free devices such as CT while other states don’t have a restriction such as MA.
– Have a windshield/dashboard GPS or a factory installed GPS, try not using a cell phone GPS as it is not safe to try to read a small phone while driving.
Have a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend! We will be closed on Monday for Memorial Day and re-open Tuesday May 27th at 8:30.