The slippery winter months are upon us. From mid November to mid April the roads can be treacherous. The only part of your car that meets those treacherous roads are your tires. Your tires will be affected when the temperature outside is above or below 19 degrees Fahrenheit. Below 19 degrees tires lose elasticity and thus their traction on the road. Make sure your tires are in the best condition this winter to avoid some slipping and sliding. Here are some tire tips:
- Make sure the tires are inflated to recommended tire pressure (found on the inside of the drivers door frame)
- If your tires treads are worn down they should be replaced, low treads make for poor traction in snow
- Buy snow tires for the winter and put them on all 4 tires. These tires are designed to keep their elasticity when the temps go below 19 degrees.
- At minimum have all-season tires (M+S rated) on all 4 tires
- When winter is over do not keep snow tires on during the warm/hot months they will deteriorate
Keep yourself and family safe when on the roads this winter, make sure your tires are winter ready! Drive slowly, avoid quickly breaking and accelerating when on the roads the next few months. Even with the best winter tires proper driving is essential. Snow tires aren’t miracle workers they need someone safely using them! www.mancuso-nowak.com
Are you expecting lots of guests at your holiday party? Navigating a crowded home can be difficult and sometimes not safe if you are not organized about it. Maintaining a clean, welcoming, fun, and festive residence can allow for everyone to enjoy a the day without worry.
If you feel overwhelmed by the expectations of family and friends, don’t let this bring you down. Instead, have confidence in your hosting abilities. As you prepare to have those you love into your place of comfort, it is important to keep safety in mind. The last thing you need is for someone to get hurt during a time of celebration. Here are some tips to be a great host for your guests:
- Celebrations are supposed to be all about fun, not stress. One person can’t do everything alone, enlist some help – before, during and after the party. Everyone loves to feel useful!
- Ask guests if they have any serious food allergies before purchasing the food. This way, you can avoid serious medical issues.
- Prepare beforehand if children are coming to your home. Put away all dangerous items and leave around kid friendly activities to keep them occupied as the adults mingle.
- Just because it is a holiday party doesn’t mean you have to offer alcohol. Provide a variety of drinks, such as soda, sparkling water, and juice.
- Be prepared for potential disasters to occur. Remove slipping and falling hazards and don’t leave anything out that could cause an accident.
At Mancuso-Nowak Insurance Agency, we hope these tips help you make your guests feel right at home this holiday season. Of course you want your celebration to go without any problems, but sometimes these are unpredictable. If you feel your home requires more protection than it already has, home insurance could be the solution. We care about providing comprehensive coverage that won’t let you down. Our team also wants to make sure that Massachusetts residents understand their insurance options. Let one of our professional agents work closely with you to find reliable products that give you peace of mind today.