Nina is our newest member of Mancuso-Nowak Insurance Agency. She makes sure we all laugh everyday! Nina’s position at the office is Account Manager and Customer Service Representative. Nina is busy during the day quoting new business, shopping policies for current clients, assisting with customer’s policy changes, and submitting claims.
After Nina had her second child, she began her career in insurance. She contacted a temp agency and received a job at Liberty Mutual where she began her training in insurance. After a year at Liberty her position was eliminated and she was referred to Mancuso-Nowak by a co-worker. And as they say, the rest is history. We are so happy to have Nina part of our team for the past 7 months.
Nina is not a wallflower and keeps us all on our toes with her crazy stories and comments. Insurance can be funny when Nina is around! The customers are always happy to work with Nina, she makes insurance easy to understand. She has a way of having customers feel like she is their best friend and will help them in any way she can.
When asked, Nina said her favorite thing about working at Mancuso-Nowak is the people. She likes that we are down to earth people that are easy to get along with, and that management is very approachable. We love having Nina as part of our team in the office!
On the weekends you can find Nina hanging out with her family. Spending time with her kids, husband and relatives is a priority. She loves when they are all together. According to Nina, Mancuso-Nowak is now her second home and her extended family : )
The short answer is yes. Many people believe that a standard Homeowners Policy will cover a home-based business. This is an incorrect assumption. Here is why it is important for you to have a Business Policy. Let’s look at a popular home-based business, Beauty Counter (these examples can be used for many different goods and services you can sell, not just beauty supplies), and some situations that could arise.
Not Covered by Homeowners, Covered by Business Owners:
- There is a fire and your Beauty Counter inventory is ruined
- From that fire you not only lost your inventory, but your business income has been interrupted
- Someone slips, falls and is injured at one of your parties at your house
- The UPS delivery person slips on your property and is injured while delivering a box of Beauty Counter products
- Someone from one of your Beauty Counter parties has a little too much to drink and gets in an accident on the way home
- A hacker steals all of your Beauty Counter client information, including credit card numbers
Now that you want to protect yourself from these types of situations, you will need to set up a Business Policy.
Most popular options for coverage:
- A Rider to your Homeowners Policy will provide limited coverage, but is a low cost option (this is better than nothing!).
- A Business Owners Policy (BOP) will have more comprehensive coverage to protect against the losses above and many others.
According to the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, 61% of at-home businesses do not have adequate coverage. Do not be one of those people. Call us today to find out more information about protecting your home-based business! www.mancuso-nowak.com.